Monday, July 18, 2011

This Hurts You How?

I am perplexed by the vitriol spewed at Christians who are doing nothing more than living our Christian lives and occasionally sharing our faith with others. Specifically, I find it puzzling that some people would expend so much energy trying to disprove something in which they claim not to believe.

I'm not a Biblical scholar. I don't know Hebrew or Greek, and I don't know all the names of the Early Church Fathers. I'm a wife, a mother, a homemaker, a Christian who reads her Bible and goes to church. I actually believe what the Bible says. Apparently, that earns me the title of "Moron" and head-shaking, tongue-clicking pity from the allegedly more enlightened among us.

Although I have not personally been on the receiving end of such wrath (yet), I've seen it enough to wonder what all the fuss is about. How does my faith do damage to someone who doesn't believe?

Just sayin'.

No comments: